October 15, 1975 was a historic day in Australian politics. It marked the first serious attempt by an Opposition with a Senate majority to force the government to an election.
Most of the material compiled on this page appears elsewhere on the site but also includes some audio items that do not appear elsewhere.
Malcolm Fraser announces the coalition will block Supply – with audio and brief video.
Senator Reg Withers moves the deferral of Supply – full text and partial audio of the Opposition Senate leader moving an amendment to the Loan Bill 1975.
Gough Whitlam’s Address to the Nation on the Supply issue – with full text and audio, and brief video.
- Shadow Cabinet Minutes – a selection of minutes regarding the Supply decision from the Malcolm Fraser Collection at the University of Melbourne.
Miscellaneous Audio Files – October 15, 1975
- Sir Colin Hannah, Governor of Queensland, attacks the Whitlam government (1m)
- Malcolm Fraser announces the decision to block Supply (5m)
- 4.35pm Senator Reg Withers moves deferral of the Loan Bill (11m)
- 4.45pm ABC Radio NewsVoice (7m)
- 5.00pm 3DB Radio News (4m)
- 6.00pm ABC Radio News (5m)
- 6.10pm ABC Radio PM (24m)
- 6.30pm Fraser, Wreidt & Hawke on A Current Affair (24m)
- 7.30pm Whitlam’s Address to the Nation (5m)
- 7.35pm Malcolm Fraser & Steele Hall on This Day Tonight, plus vox pops (15m)